It is important to take into account a variety of considerations when beginning to research the different linear accelerator options. First and foremost is the cost of the accelerator itself. Now, the best way to save while spending is to look for a refurbished linear accelerator. That way, you will be able to get the machine you want in a more affordable way.
How Does A Linear Accelerator Work?
In a simple explanation, it uses a microwave technology to accelerate electrons in a wave which allows the electronics to collide with a heavy metal target. This way, they are generating high-energy X-ray photons that conform to the shape of the tumor and remove the cancer tissues.
Deciding whether to buy a new accelerator or look for refurbished linear accelerator ads is something that comes down to the specific needs and budget constraints within your facility. Used linear accelerator equipment can also be great for practices who treat relatively few patients.
In order to help you underatand what to look for when buying a refurbished linear accelerator, we are listing the five most important reasons to make the decision – below.
Five Reasons to Buy a Refurbished Linear Accelerator
- Growing Your Practice Is Easier – Buying a used linear accelerator lets you treat more patients and grow your practice by operating with a relatively older machine. As your business grows, you will be able to renew it with a completely new one.
- Flexibility – You can backup your existing system with a redundant and beam-based system. If a problem occurs on one of your machines, you will be able to take your patients to another linear accelerator.
- Improvement – The money that you save when buying a refurbished linear accelerator can be used to improve the quality of the patient care that you provide. You can add new upgrades, technologies or staff.
- Strengthen – The unknowing of looming reimbursement cuts lets you manage expenses, lowering your risk and strengthening your practice
- Peace of mind – If you have knowledge on how to spot a top quality refurbished linear accelerator; chances are that you are going to use it for years. With a no-risk warranty, you can relax and have peace of mind.
Final Word On Buying Refurbished Linear Accelerators
In conclusion, if you are looking for buying a used linear accelerator, you should always work with professionals for personalized advice. Additionally, you should consider planning aspects such as building constraints, water supply or power supply – and create a timeline that works for you to have your new equipment fully installed.
Also, it pays off to know how long you are going to keep the machine and which manufacturers you prefer. All of these tips will help you choose the best refurbished linear accelerator for your needs!
Acceletronics is an independent service company dedicated to delivering the best equipment performance and service reliability from Linear Accelerators and CT Scanners across all major brands and models. Learn more about Acceletronics and their selection of new and refurbished linear accelerators and CT scanners today at http://www.acceletronics.com. To contact one of our LINAC experts call 610.524.3300.